This course is run over two sessions either on the same day or over two consecutive days. You must attend both sessions to complete the course.
This interactive webinar is delivered over two consecutive sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours. In some cases this is on two consecutive days. Delegates will need to attend both sessions in order to complete the course. Modules one and two will be covered in session one, modules three and four will be covered in session two.
The course will be presented by one of our team of professional and experienced trainers and will include presentation slides,film clips and small group exercises to help delegates learn the content effectively. The session is delivered at a steady pace for those who are familiar with safeguarding terminology.
If you are a listed contact of one of our members, your discount will be applied automatically at checkout. If your organisation is a member but you are not the listed contact, you will need to obtain the discount code from the listed contact; this can then be applied at checkout.
This course is for those with a responsibility for implementing safer recruitment processes in their organisations, whether churches, faith-based organisations, charities, community groups, local authorities or other organisations providing a service to children, young people and adults. It covers the safer recruitment processes, decision making, and developing safer cultures. The aim of this course is to understand the need for Safer Recruitment through the recruitment process.
1. Understanding the Safeguarding Task
- What is abuse and who are the perpetrators?
- Developments in safeguarding and emerging themes
- Developing a balanced approach to safeguarding
- Understanding your unique role and responsibilities
- Statutory definitions of abuse
2. Recruitment Processes
- Features of a safer recruitment process.
- Sending the right messages to potential applicants.
- The application form
- References and referees
- Selection criteria and short-listing
3. Making the right decision
- Selecting the right candidate and the possible costs of appointing someone who is unsuitable
- Selection tools
- Using structured interviews and interview questions
- Taking account of criminal record information
- Pre-employment checks
4. Developing Safer Cultures
- The need for ongoing awareness and vigilance
- Key features of a safer culture
- Managing allegations
- Next steps and developing your own action plan
For full details of our training terms and conditions please click here https://thirtyoneeight.org/terms-and-conditions/training-delegate/
We strive to create courses and resources that are accessible for everyone. If you have any specific accessibility requirements or want to discuss how we may help you access our courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0303 003 1111.