This interactive webinar lasts 2.5 hours and is delivered over a morning, afternoon or evening.
The course will be presented by one of our team of professional and experienced trainers and will include presentation slides, film clips and small group exercises to help delegates learn the content effectively. As a foundation level course it is designed to be accessible by anyone at any level of the safeguarding learning journey.If you are a listed contact of one of our members, your discount will be applied automatically at checkout. If your organisation is a member but you are not the listed contact, you will need to obtain the discount code from the listed contact; this can then be applied at checkout.
Booking this course for yourself only? Use the ‘I am booking for just me’ option. For all other bookings (including for groups of two or more, or for someone else) choose the ‘not just me’ option from the dropdown menu.
THE COURSE COVERS THE FOLLOWING FOUR MODULES:
The Safeguarding Landscape and the Legal Framework
- Safeguarding landscape & context
- Legislation and guidance - UK 4 Nations
- Safeguarding Themes
Signs, Indicators and Effects of Abuse
- Signs and indicators of abuse in children
- The challenges of identifying abuse
- Grooming and the power of secrets
- Understanding your unique role
- Safeguarding coordinator role
- The role of statutory authorities
- How to respond to concerns, suspicions or a disclosure of abuse
Healthy Safeguarding Culture
- Policies and procedures
- Safer Recruitment
- Managing risk
- Cultivating a healthy safeguarding culture
For full details of our training terms and conditions please click here https://thirtyoneeight.org/terms-and-conditions/training-delegate/