|24/10/2022 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM GMT||£50.00|
This interactive webinar will last 2.5 hours and will cover four modules.
The course will help to develop a broad and sound understanding of the safeguarding task specifically in relation to children and young people in the context of Scotland. This course is designed for anyone who works or volunteers directly with children-focused ministries.
If you are a listed contact of one of our members, your discount will be applied automatically at checkout. If your organisation is a member but you are not the listed contact, you will need to obtain the discount code from the listed contact; this can then be applied at checkout.
The safeguarding task and the legal framework
- Shifts in understanding and terminology
- Legislation and guidance
- What is abuse and who are the perpetrators?
- Our approach to safeguarding
Signs, indicators and effects of abuse
- Significant harm
- Signs and indicators of abuse
- The challenges of identifying abuse
- Grooming and the power of secrets
- Long term effects of abuse
- The importance of understanding your unique role
- The role of the safeguarding coordinator
- How to respond to concerns, suspicions or a disclosure of abuse
- The role of the statutory authorities
- Policies and procedures
- Codes of conduct
- Working with those who may pose a risk
- Safer recruitment
- Support for workers
For full details of our training terms and conditions please click here https://thirtyoneeight.org/terms-and-conditions/training-delegate/
We strive to create courses and resources that are accessible for everyone. If you have any specific accessibility requirements or want to discuss how we may help you access our courses please email email@example.com or call us on 0303 003 1111.