|21/09/2022 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM BST|| Virtual ||£50.00|
This interactive webinar will last 2.5 hours and will cover four modules.
The course will help to develop a broad and sound understanding of the safeguarding task in relation to adults at risk of harm in the context of Northern Ireland. This course is designed for anyone who works or volunteers directly with adults or in adult focused ministries.
If you are a listed contact of one of our members, your discount will be applied automatically at checkout. If your organisation is a member but you are not the listed contact, you will need to obtain the discount code from the listed contact; this can then be applied at checkout.
Safeguarding adults and the legal context
- Messages from research
- Adult Safeguarding: Prevention and Protection in Partnership Key Documents 2015
- How we define adults at risk
- Categories of adult abuse
- Key principles
- The Mental Health Capacity (Northern Ireland) Act 2016
Who is at risk and who are the perpetrators?
- Who is at risk?
- Who are the perpetrators?
- Making safeguarding personal
- Identifying signs and indicators of abuse
Signs and indicators of abuse and responding well
- Your unique role and the role of the safeguarding coordinator.
- Signs and indicators of abuse.
- Responding to concerns or a disclosure of abuse.
Safer practice, policies and procedures
- Policies and procedures
- Responding well to concerns and disclosures of abuse
- When to report
- Safer recruitment
- Managing risk
For full details of our training terms and conditions please click here https://thirtyoneeight.org/terms-and-conditions/training-delegate/